|Dr. G. A. Cardwell manufactured telegraph keys and sounders for Western Union Company in a factory in New York City.
|G.A. Cardwell founded the American Telegraph Typewriter Company with offices at 27 William Street, New York City, and a factory on Prospect Street, Brooklyn, New York.
|Allen D. Cardwell started working for his stepfather, Dr. G.A. Cardwell.
|From 1908 to 1944 Cardwell developed and manufactured variable air capacitors, telegraph sets, and designed, manufactured, and installed the first automatic stock quotation system at the New York Stock Exchange. During World War II, Cardwell developed the famous test sets: AN/TS173, 174, 175, and BC221.
|A.D. Cardwell sold interest out to Grenby Manufacturing Company, of Plainville, Connecticut, a manufacturer of machine tools and the Grenby cylindrical grinder. Grenby was owned by Carl Gray and Ralph Soby, whose fathers invented and founded the Gray Telephone Pay Station in 1885. Cardwell Manufacturing Company moved to Plainville, Connecticut.
|During the period 1944 to 1952, Cardwell developed the facsimile equipment used by United Press International, the GMD meteorological unit which is in use world wide for tracking weather balloons.
|Cardwell owners sold out to Chesapeake Industries, a holding company, taking back a mortgage on the entire factory. Chesapeake also owned Pathe Films and several other large factories.
|Chesapeake Industries defaulted on the mortgage and the plant was returned to the original owners.
|On January 16, 1957, Norman Kjeldsen purchased all of the stock of Cardwell Manufacturing Company, and renamed the new entity Cardwell Condenser Corporation.
|Cardwell purchased Schutter Microwave Corporation, Lindenhurst, New York.
|On June 17, Cardwell moved from Plainville, Connecticut to Lindenhurst, Long Island, New York.
|Cardwell purchased the capacitor division of National Radio Company, Melrose, Massachusetts. Cardwell purchased all the tooling for the Oak capacitors. Cardwell purchased F.W. Sickles capacitor division in Chicopee, Massachusetts.
|Cardwell purchased Telerad Electronics from the Lionel Corporation of Hillside, New Jersey. Cardwell purchased Lieco Corporation, Syossett, New York, a manufacturer of microwave components. The assets of the Poly Repro Corporation, a manufacturer of microfilm reader printers, were also purchased.
|Cardwell purchased Pickard & Burns, Incorporated, Waltham, Massachusetts, a division of LTV Corporation. Pickard & Burns was started in 1911 by G.W. Pickard, the inventor of the silicone crystal diode, the forerunner of all transistors. Pickard & Burns manufacturers submarine antenna, nuclear reactor temperature monitors, and antenna coupling equipment used world wide.
|Cardwell purchased the Hammarlund Capacitor Company of Mars Hill, North Carolina. Hammarlund is a famous name in radio receivers and variable capacitors. The name “HAM” is tribute to Oscar Hammarlund, the founder, who came from Sweden where he worked for the LM Erickson Telephone Company. World War II saw thousands of Hammarlund receivers in use by the government.
|Cardwell purchased the variable air capacitor division of Johanson Manufacturing Company, Boonton, New Jersey.
|Cardwell purchased E.F. Johnson’s variable capacitor division.
|Cardwell purchased Multronics, Inc. of Fort Lauderdale, Florida, a manufacturer of air inductors and high power switches used world wide in broadcasting stations.
|Cardwell purchases several product lines from Dataproducts New England.
|Cardwell purchases LaPointe Industries of Somers, Connecticut.
|Cardwell purchased the balance of National Radio Company.
|2004 Cardwell Condenser becomes a member of the Viking Group of Companies and changes its name to Viking Technologies, Ltd
|Viking Technologies Ltd. manufactures over 15,000 different items under approximately 25 different brand names.